Jon and Sabine, interracial dating, interracial blog, cartoon, interracial cartoon, the reporter and the girl, face to face, love, break up

Face to Face

Hopefully, everyone has made it home safe tonight and is not out drowning from Tropical Storm Andrea. Here in the city, we received a flash flood warning and it was my cue to leave work.

The past week has been pretty focused for me; I’m starting to volunteer doing different things and finishing the manuscript for the novel. I scribbled down the last chapter today, and I spent the last two weeks just hand-writing on the trains. This weekend, I will put everything into one document and then begin the dreaded stage of every writer’s life…COPYEDIT!

Thus, I am looking for a Book Doctor or an Editor, and if anyone is interested, please get in touch with me at ReporterandTheGirl@gmail.com

Finishing TheReporterandTheGirl novel, is exciting and therapeutic for me as the memories of Jon and I are still fresh, and recounting the feelings and conversations from not so long ago does stir something inside of me.

This morning I impatiently waited for the bus to take me to work in the drizzle; I know because of the weather, transportation would be a little slow….but anyway, amongst the growing crowd of people in the Brooklyn streets, I saw his back under an umbrella holding the back of someone else closely as they walked North.

I say “him” even though I didn’t see his face; but his build, hair cut and color, even the shoes looked like Jon. Practically speaking, I know it’s NOT Jon because first off, this was early–like quarter to 9am, and Jon wouldn’t know “early” even if it smacked him in the head. He’s been blessed to be able to get ready in the mornings in less than 20 minutes and has a half-hour commute to/fro work. Work that starts at 10am, if he has to go straight to the office.

But I needed to see it. Even though it may not have been “it”. I’m not psychic, but I have been feeling some kind of way about life post-Jon. As you may remember April Fools Day was the last time we spoke. And around that time I had a dream about him.

The dream alternated between his apartment in New York City and his home out-of-state. I’m in his kitchen preparing lunch for him, and his friends and family are all around…just kind of milling about — like its some kind of gathering.

At one point, his friend comes up to me and asks me what I’m doing. I reply that Jon is out and when he comes back he may be hungry. He then says that I don’t have to do that, because he’s girlfriend will take care of it. There’s more to the dream, but the highlighting factor is that I never seem to come face to face with Jon.

I see him outside in the yard (when it switches to his home) or him walking out of the room…but nothing direct. A friend told me that’s significant because it symbolized that he was never there for me. And the remarks that his friend makes also symbolizes that there was no room for me in his life. Or least that I knew that.

But the thing that has been bugging me for the last two months is: has he found someone that he made room for in his life?

Again I’m not psychic, but I feel that’s true. I’ve been feeling that way for awhile and today I needed to “see it.” My feelings about it are weird…I don’t feel too sad, just defeated. Like I’m tired of fighting the whole thing. Just giving up…maybe accepting that the battle is over.

But at the same time when we got the flood warning, I felt a twinge of worry for him as he lives in a basement apartment and it could flood if it does rain hard tonight.

But again (sigh), I care for someone who wouldn’t once think about giving me a call for my Birthday. Hhhhmm….makes you wonder if karma exists.

On a brighter note, I have a guest posting coming out next week at DatingAdvice.com! Now, I’m far from a dating expert and I actually wrote this article like two months ago, when I was more feisty; but I hope you guys will enjoy it and show some love on their website.

DatingAdvice.com, The Reporter and The Girl, Interracial dating, fiction based on a true story,  dating advice, guest blogger, advice columnist

DatingAdvice.com

Now one thing that I love about their site is that it is truly a dating site across the spectrum! They have diverse columnists dealing with traditional, same sex, and alternative relationships. So I’ll be posting the link up once the article goes live!

Thank You for your continued support of my blog and enjoy this wet (and wild?) weekend. The video for chapter 6 will also go live this weekend.

S.C Rhyne (TheGirl)

Follow me @ReporterandGirl
Like Me http://facebook.com/TheReporterandTheGirl

© 2012 -2013 S. C Rhyne

29 thoughts on “Face to Face

1. isitjustmenadine

Thanks for posting, I had a ‘Jon’ in my life that I still occasionally feel twinges of worry for, hopefully your dream helped sort some of those unresolved feelings. Can’t wait to read your book!

1. TheGirl Post author

Hi Nadine,

Glad to know I’m not the only one who feels this way, and the strange thing: when I woke up the next morning I didn’t feel sad really just kind of like…i had a really big question answered….thanks for your support

2. Michael Mardel

Thanks for sharing. Sometimes I feel I get on someone’s wavelength but then it’s not true. How to trust your instincts where friends are concerned. Once, though, I was being driven past my parent’s place on a sleepover and the car hiccuped. We decided to go to my Mum’s and all the lights were on but no-one was at home. My Mum was in hospital. Go figure, maybe it’s the elder child syndrome or whatever.

3. Jeri Walker-Bickett (@JeriWB)

Good luck on the hunt for a book doctor! I would say come check out my editing services, but I’m getting ready to make a cross country move, so no copy editing for me for at least a month…

4. thirteenthandhudson

I’m so thrilled that there are people that love to write and are not afraid to share their vision and real life experience with others. Good luck on publishing your novel. I can definitely relate to what you’re going through and this subject will always have a place in the reading/writing world. Love your blog. xo- Sam

1. TheGirl Post author

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your feedback, I really appreciate it. I didn’t know writing could be an outlet for me to express some of the things I’m going through but it helps….

5. einoka

In my experience, anyone who treats you poorly is going to treat the next person poorly. So even if Jon has another girlfriend she won’t save him from himself. Only he can make changes in his life. Otherwise, he will recreate the same situation in every relationship. It’s hard to accept sometimes that it’s not about you. It’s not YOU that he didn’t make room for. It is anyone. Hope that helps and makes sense. Bravo to you for writing!

1. TheGirl Post author

Hi Einoka,

You’re right…and even though I tell myself out loud that I’m not one to “Change” someone, I do wonder how come some guys just “snap out of it” or “change.” But it really do has to do with the person and when they hit their “bottom.” And “bottom” isn’t the same for everyone….

6. Samantha

Hi S.C.!
    I just started reading this entry and while I’m not currently in the same situation, it really resonated with me. Sending positive vibes your way. It just takes time, but you’re going to reach the point where you hardly think of him anymore, and someone better will come your way. :)

1. TheGirl Post author

Hi Samantha,

Thanks for reading my story so far. I know it will take time but it seems like when things are down, I really do want to reach out to him.

But I can’t.

Thanks for reaching out to me.

7. K. Lee Ellis

That’s so awesome that you’re writing a novel based on your blog! I wrote a novel about past relationships as well and even though it will never see the light of day, it was crazy therapeutic!! I look forward to when your book comes out. I’m thinking about adding a review section to my blog… I’d better get started! :)

1. TheGirl Post author

Hi K Lee Ellis,

Thanks for the feedback and support! I’ll definitely hit you up when time for a review. It is very therapuetic…and I times (lately) I have been avoiding editing because it brings up memories….

I think you should publish yours too!!! Give it a shot!

8. Laura Caluian

Oh..these Jons, Marks, Erics who make our hearts beat faster whenever we think we see their cars on the street, pass by their houses or dream of them. Time is a great healer, so give some time to Time… I’ve been there and I know exactly how you feel. Writing is a good therapy, this is why I am also working on my novel :). It’ feels like I make peace with my past, myself and ….him.
    Great post, S.C!

1. TheGirl Post author

Hi Laura,

My best friend is name Laura! I guess not the only soul to know this feeling, and I’m glad to know that timeis a healer. I can feel the healing, but I guess not enough time has gone by because this month is an anniversary of something we shared.

So on this anniversary I’ll still be a little sad.

Thanks for stopping by!

1. Laura Caluian

Of course you’ll be a little sad…allow yourself to be that way. But not too much…let the mourning time come, stay ad go away. This time next year, you’ll find yourself saying: “I’ve almost forgot about this anniversary”. Sometimes we just have to let something / somebody go from our lives just to get something / somebody much better. You deserve to be loved and happy. Love doesn’t mean pain, it is supposed to be something beautiful. Go out with your friends, start jogging or whatever you love and you haven’t had the chance to do yet. Maybe you’ll be a little sad, but you don’t have to be weak! :)

9. Wilder Man On Rolling Creek

It was good to visit your blog this morning. This post: intense / condensed … That’s good, by the way. Do you consider sometimes your ironic pain of being one who cares so much, in light of discovering that some folks choose to move away, when they literally do not know how fortunate they are, to have you in their life? Someone whose heart is good? Have joy / take joy in this manuscript project. I hope for the best.

Now it's your turn to share!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s